The fact that God is omnipotent is amazing, because then I can know that God has everything under control no matter what is happening. But at the same time I wonder why is the world like this, Why didn't God change things, he has the power to do it, but he didn't, why? I'm comforted by God's omnipotence, but I fail to understand why he doesn't do certain things, he is perfectly capable, and it makes sense to do certain things, at least to me, but God didn't do it. God has all power, but it seems like he sometimes refrains from using his power, and I don't get why.
I have seen God's omnipotence in many ways. In my life there have been many situations, that by our standards are impossible. But since God is not limited by our standards, he came through and is still coming through unto this day.
Great thoughts here, Celine. Yes, there is so much that God is able to do, but doesn't, it seems. I think we have to try and make sense of this based on what we know to be true from the scriptures. We must ask ourselves, "Who is God? What does he seem to value in making humanity? Why does he permit these things to occur? Since he does, what can we infer from this? And we must let our inferences be guided by the "logic" of the scriptures and the character of God as we understand him." This doesn't mean it will be easy. Quite to the contrary. If someone says, "understanding God and his ways is easy" watch out. But the opposite danger is also true: we want to affirm what we know we can, and hold on to that with confident faith, knowing that we don't have the whole picture. Thanks, Celine.
ReplyDeleteGreat thoughts here, Celine. Yes, there is so much that God is able to do, but doesn't, it seems. I think we have to try and make sense of this based on what we know to be true from the scriptures. We must ask ourselves, "Who is God? What does he seem to value in making humanity? Why does he permit these things to occur? Since he does, what can we infer from this? And we must let our inferences be guided by the "logic" of the scriptures and the character of God as we understand him." This doesn't mean it will be easy. Quite to the contrary. If someone says, "understanding God and his ways is easy" watch out. But the opposite danger is also true: we want to affirm what we know we can, and hold on to that with confident faith, knowing that we don't have the whole picture. Thanks, Celine.
ReplyDelete